2018 STA Election Schedule for the
2018/2019 E-Board Positions
STA Election Bulletin
Each year in accordance with the Saugus Teachers Association's Standing Rules and By-Laws, an election is held to choose officers and directors to serve on the STA Board of Directors. This year's election will be held on April 23 - May 17, 2018. Site Representatives are responsible for posting notices announcing open offices and the qualifications necessary for each office, and for returning all ballots and signature sheets to the STA/CTA office. The following offices are open for election (please see the duties for each office on a separate sheet posted at each site):
President (1 year term)
Vice President (1 year term)
Treasurer (1 year term)
Recording Secretary (1 year term)
Corresponding Secretary (1 year term)
Bay Valley Representative (1 year term)
Any qualified STA member may run for one seat by completing the Intent-to-Run form. All Intent-to-Run forms must be filed by April 13, 2018 at the STA office 26111 Bouquet Canyon Rd, Suite H5, Santa Clarita, CA 91350.
We request you submit a candidate's statement of 100 words or less at the bottom of the form.
STA 2018 Elections Timeline
Thursday, March 15 - Publicize Vacancies
Friday, April 13 - Declaration of Candidacy due to STA office
Wednesday, April 18 - through Friday, April 20- Election Chairs distribute election materials to Site Representatives
Monday - April 23 - through May 17 - Site Reps conduct elections
Thursday, May 17 - ballots due to STA office by 4:00 pm and election chair will count ballots after 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 30- New STA Eboard Members announced at the Gala
Every Vote Counts! Thank you For your Participation!
Candidate Campaign Statements and Campaign Guidelines for Candidates: STA Elections
Candidate Campaign Statements-
The Elections Committee will publish campaign statements of candidates to members at the time of voting, which will be held April 23 - May 17, 2018 . Each candidate is eligible to submit a statement of no more than 100 words regarding his/her candidacy. The statement must be received at the STA office on at 26111 Bouquet Canyon Road, Suite H5, Santa Clarita, CA 91350 no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 13, 2018. The Declaration of Candidacy Form/Intent to Run is also due by that date.
Please note that the Elections Committee will only print 100 words (not including your name) of a campaign statement. Any words over 100 will be omitted. Also, your statement will not be edited so it will be typed exactly as you submit it.
Campaign Guidelines for candidates-
1. District email addresses shall not be used for campaigning.
2. STA will honor all reasonable requests by a candidate to distribute campaign literature at his/her expense to all members in good standing, whether the distribution is by mail or other means.
3. A candidate cannot accept direct contributions from a unit’s treasury or indirect contributions in the form of use of a unit’s assets, facilities, staff, equipment, mailings, good will, or credit.
4. A candidate may not use the official logo or title of the unit in a way that suggests that the candidate has the support of the unit, CTA, or any affiliates.
5. All campaign flyers/materials must include a disclaimer stating that the view and opinions expressed are those of the candidate and not those of the unit, CTA, or any affiliates.
6. Each candidate may designate an observer, who may be the candidate, to observe the vote counting process. The observer shall not interfere with the work of the Elections Committee and must remain in the room where the vote count is taking place.
The vote counting will take place the afternoon of May 17, 2018 at the STA office.